Monday, July 19, 2010

(Amanda) how to cure the blahs

Today began in a less than stellar manner and, while it got better, never quite reached "happy" or even "mostly comfortable."

So after work I took myself out for dinner and drink (no "s" - the price of driving yourself to a pub :o). After some amazing macaroni and cheese (with sausage, mushrooms, and caramelized onions thankyouverymuch) and a pint of Newcastle, I finally felt more than halfway decent. I brought some scholarly reading with me, so I am sure I looked rather silly, dining alone with my nose in a book, but it was really nice. There was a moment of panic when I could not locate my debit card and did not have enough cash to cover the bill, but eventually I fished the truant card from an obscure corner of my purse... *shudder*

Upon returning home I went downstairs to make my lunch for tomorrow and I discovered a care package from my (wonderful) parents awaiting me. It contained the perfect treat to make my day downright lovely. Thanks mum.


No comments:

Post a Comment