Saturday, July 24, 2010

(Mary) sorry, guys

So I was thinking wow, I haven't been blogging in a while. Then I get back and find out that-- yeah, wow, I haven't been blogging in a while.

Sorry, guys. I've been swamped with work -- I actually have been; I'm sure I'll tell you all about it when we get back to Hillsdale. But...

Do you ever look at yourself and wonder how God could have been so good to you? I was thinking that... I almost don't believe it.

Last weekend I went up north. Highlights:

-Fr. Bob, high school chaplain and dear friend, called me Friday morning, just a "hey, I haven't heard from you in a while" call -- I hadn't heard from him in a while, maybe a year -- and I said hey, I'm going up north anyway, so we had coffee in Ann Arbor Friday afternoon. (I say "had coffee" because that's what people understand. I had a smoothee or juice or something.)

-Made it up to Houghton Lake, where my mom's family was, and talked my cousins into swimming and my dad into a bike ride. Slept like a rock.

-Woke up, said goodbyes, took pictures, said goodbyes, and I drove off to camp.

-Camp? Ran into Cathy, who's deaf, and she taught me how to sign "visit." Jumped on the brown dump (truck) with some dear friends and drove around on an equipment move (the best part of camp work). Ate lunch, went climbing, went sailing, hiked around the lake (there's a trail for maybe 70 percent of it; the rest is guessing your way through trees and muck and sometimes almost solid ground), shot a .22 and Jason's mauzer (sorry for spelling; it's Chilean and around 1885, I think), learned how to say "you have spinach in your teeth" in Slovak, went out for pizza ("a purse? Mary, you have a purse? what happened to you?"), burned stuff, slept like a rock. Woke up, changed my blinker bulb, cried, said goodbyes, hugged, went to Mass.

-Met a friend after Mass, went to Subway, discussed aesthetic vs. metaphysical beauty.

-Drove home, had dinner with my family (=parents and sister), slept like a rock. Woke up at 5:45 and hit the road.

-Got back to the apartment in time for a nap before Betsy woke up.

This weekend? Tony came.

No comments:

Post a Comment